Pages

So, here it is. My David Story.

A little background...

I participated in an interactive fan fiction on a friend's site, and my character ended up with David. I spent so much time immersing myself in his music and stories about him (which are hard to find, by the way) that he took over my thoughts for quite some time. I couldn't get him out of my head. He's still in there, rattling doors and opening drawers and such, but he's behaving himself. Mostly.

This story came out as an outlet for me to try to get through my little obsession. I told some of the girls from the other fan fic exercise, and they thought it was hysterical that I got so wrapped up, that I couldn't think of anything but him.

They convinced me to "go public" with the story, so here it is.

I hope you enjoy it. It starts here.

~ Hath

Prologue: Heading Backstage

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The four ladies followed the security guard backstage, all grasping hands like high-schoolers. They felt giddy and dizzy, and wished the damned guard would walk faster....

As the big security guard led them backstage, Sam became the voice of reason. After all, she'd spent a lot of time with not only the quarterback of the group...but the whole group as well.

"Want a little advice girls?" she asked them, grinning.

"Sure," they chorused in unison.

"Lucy knows this much; treat them like normal guys. It's okay to tell them it was a great show, because it was. But, they'll all gloss over your compliments like they embarrass them, because they do.” Sam turned to Hathor. “David's not only a smartass but he's a practical joker as well, watch out for him,"

Sam repeated the advice Jon had given her what seemed like a life time ago. "Tico's your typical latin lover. His voice will send shivers down your spine, and he'll flirt outrageously. Just remember, he's very married and he doesn't go any farther than flirting. And last but not least...Remember Jon's mine and hand's off," she laughed. "Oh, I almost forgot, don't use the word 'cute' around him."

The other three women laughed. "I think we already figured that one out on our own," Hathor chimed in.

"Why didn't you tell us that you were going to be here?" Lucy asked Sam.

"I didn't wanna ruin the surprise," Sam answered, "besides, Jon said that I better not tell....or else."

"Oh, yeah, like you'd have let that stop ya," Stephanie tossed out.

"How long have you known you were gonna be here?" Hathor wanted to know.

"Since he came down for the fair. He asked me if I wanted to come then," Sam replied.

"You two really are cute," Hathor commented, smiling.

Sam cut her eyes in Stephanie's direction. "And he really is the sweetest thing."

They erupted into laughter again. Then realized they were outside THE DOOR.

The guard looked at them and grinned. "Ms. Sinclair, I'll let you take them from here." He left them standing outside the door to the guys dressing room.

"You know that guy?" Lucy asked, jerking her head toward the guard as he walked away.

"Yeah," Sam replied, "he's been my babysitter since Jon and I arrived here this afternoon. Jon said that backstage wasn't always a safe place for a woman alone. So, he had Luke following me around whenever he couldn't be with me."

"Cute," the three women said at the same time.

"Hey Sam," a woman's voice called out from down the hallway.

"Hey Gretchen," Sam called out. "Come meet my friends."

In a soft hiss, Hathor exclaimed, "You know Gretchen Wilson?"

"Yeah, we met earlier," Sam explained. "I love her music."

Gretchen walked up to the group smiling. "Are these the girls you told me about earlier?"

Sam laughed. "Yeah." Then she introduced each of her friends.

"It's nice to meet all of ya'll," Gretchen told them.

"The pleasure's all ours," Hathor spoke up, obviously the spokesperson for the group.

"Don't let those guys tie ya'll up all night. We should all get together for a drink later," Gretchen told them. "Well except for Sam, Jon probably won't let her outta his sight."

They all laughed; then Gretchen piped up, "But they're just so damn cute together."

"Don't let him hear you say that," Stephanie told her in a serious tone, but then ruined it when she busted into laughter.

"Oh, I know," Gretchen laughed. "I got my very own lecture 'bout that this afternoon."

The Harem looked at Sam for confirmation. "Oh yeah, he gave her a firm lecture on the usage of the word 'cute'."

More laughter, then Gretchen told them, "Well, I'll let you girls get on with the party. I got someone waiting in my dressing room."

"Good to see ya again," Sam told her.

"It was nice meeting all of ya'll," Gretchen told them as she turned to walk away.

"You too," the Harem announced.

Sam laid a hand on the door knob. "You girls ready?"

"Sam, hon, we've been ready for this for most of our adult lives," Hathor assured her.

"Then let's go," Sam told them as she turned the knob and opened the door.

2 comments:

Sunstreaked said...

So...who's gonna let loose with the "C" word first? Nah, not that one, the "cute" word!

TaraLeigh said...

LMAO!
I can so see cute being an issue later and then a private joke.
LOL

Now, I wanna party with Gretchen! LOL She'd probably drink the Jovi boys under the damn table!