Pages

So, here it is. My David Story.

A little background...

I participated in an interactive fan fiction on a friend's site, and my character ended up with David. I spent so much time immersing myself in his music and stories about him (which are hard to find, by the way) that he took over my thoughts for quite some time. I couldn't get him out of my head. He's still in there, rattling doors and opening drawers and such, but he's behaving himself. Mostly.

This story came out as an outlet for me to try to get through my little obsession. I told some of the girls from the other fan fic exercise, and they thought it was hysterical that I got so wrapped up, that I couldn't think of anything but him.

They convinced me to "go public" with the story, so here it is.

I hope you enjoy it. It starts here.

~ Hath

Chapter 14: Hath Goes Home

Monday, November 26, 2007

Saturday through Monday, November 17th – 19th, 2007

Well, I made it home OK. It was hard leaving the girls, it felt like leaving family. What a great week for sisterhood, and we’re just so damned glad Sam is OK. It was an uneventful trip to the airport thank goodness, and the flight was smooth. It even got in fifteen minute early. David called me when he knew I’d be in the air, and we talked for at least half the trip. I had to excuse myself a couple of times to go to the rest room when the conversation took a decidedly personal turn.

When I got home, I sorted through the mail and took care of some bills. After unpacking and throwing a load of laundry in, I changed into workout clothes, and headed out to the garage to try to work off some of Stephanie’s cooking. I swear, I gained 10 pounds this week, and I did not need any more extra padding, thank-you-very-much – especially not with Thanksgiving coming.
After a good sweat and cleanup, I sought out my blackberry to call the girls and let them know I got home safely. The damned thing was now dead. How the hell did I not notice the battery was almost exhausted? Frowning, I went through my carry-on, PC bag, and purse, but couldn’t find my charger. Shit! I don’t have a land-line, so this was my only real way to keep in touch with the people. I looked at the clock; the shops were closed, or would be by the time I got out there. Damn. It was just one more thing piling onto an already emotional week. I was ready to burst into tears.

Instead, I opened a bottle of wine and just tried to relax. I was so drained from the ups and downs of the last week; I felt as if I could go to bed and not wake up for days. I needed to just chill, but I also knew I needed to check in with the girls. I got onto the board and let them know I was OK, and asked Sam to find my charger for me – it was probably still under Sam’s bed. I stayed on for a little while but just had to crawl into bed.

The next morning, closer to afternoon, really, I woke well rested and in good spirits. I went out right away and got a new charger, and set the berry to juicing. I gave the house a quick clean, then checked my e-mails and saw there was activity on the board. I’ve gotta tell you, when football season is over I’m gonna miss the board.

Anyway, I saw that David had checked in, and he discovered just why he couldn’t get in touch with me. He made me laugh; told me to get a new charger and to send him the bill. He’s so sweet. I’ve gotta say, I’ve been spoiled by his calling me nearly every night; I’m going to miss that when he can’t do it anymore.

I played on the board for a little while, exchanging PMs with David. Apparently, Richie gave him the link to the story I sent him back what seems a zillion years ago. I can’t believe he did that. Actually, when I think about it, I kinda can believe it. They’re grown men, but I swear, there’s a little teenager in each of them. Makes me shake my head. I teased David with a journal I was keeping, saying I’d post it for him if he was feeling jealous. I certainly am not going to write stories about him and some other woman. Sheesh. Although, maybe I will. He and I will know by the details that it’s from my private stash of memories. Hmmm.

David mentioned that he’s looking forward to meeting my family. It was just supposed to be my brother and sister-in-law, but they squealed to Mom and Dad about David, and now they’re coming too. To David’s credit, he didn’t seem to mind. I, on the other hand, am extremely apprehensive about David meeting my family. It’s been a long time since I’ve brought anyone to meet them, that I’m afraid my mother’s going to start planning the wedding *cue the eye roll*. Dad will just want to know if David plays cards and watches football. I love my dad. That’s his way of saying “am I gonna be able to talk to this guy?” I’m sure it’ll be fine, but, well, sue me, I’m nervous.

So, today being Sunday, my Dad and brother are coming over to watch the game. Mom is off to do some holiday shopping, which I really have to start as well. My brother, John, called to tell me he was coming a little early because he wanted to talk to me about David. I sighed and told him fine. He may be younger, but he has the protective thing down pat. When he showed, he launched right into it.

“So, what the hell? Sue said you’re actually with David Bryan? Is she putting me on?” He doesn’t pull any punches.

“Nope,” I said, and showed him the pictures from the night of the concert.

John whistled. “Holy shit,” he said.

“No kidding,” I replied.

“Well, I don’t care who he is. If he hurts you, I’m gonna kill him.”

I hugged my baby brother, needing to stand on tip-toe to do it. “Thanks, bro, that means a lot, but I don’t think there’s anything to worry about there.” My brother, actually he and his friends, were the ones to help me come back to the land of the living after my engagement went south several years ago – God, nearly a decade ago now. David had laughed at the stories of how they tried to keep me busy that whole summer and his eyes flashed with indignation that this other guy didn’t want me anymore. “Although,” David had said at the time, “I’d never have met you if you’d married that tool.” Too true!

So, my brother appeased, we waited for my Dad to arrive, then settled in to watch the Patriots trounce the Bills. My beloved Patriots are now 10-0. woo-HOO!

Monday was a regular shitty Monday, with one bright spot. David snuck away to send me a quick e-mail, he’s coming in on a really-late-extremely-early flight tomorrow, and should hit my place around 5 or so. In the morning. He wants to stay through the weekend, then he’s flying out to see his kids, then wants to stop back here on his way back up to Canada. I was getting a little overwhelmed at how fast this seems to be going, and whined to my GFs on the board, who, to their credit, talked me down quickly. They said just to roll with it; there was going to be plenty of time where I won’t be able to see him, and should take what I could now.

That comment rankled. I’m a techno-Goddess, I don’t know why distance should keep us from seeing each other! I did a little research, made a couple of small purchases, and PRESTO! We will now be able to keep in touch visually, in real time. I signed up for Skype. Basically, that's internet telecom where if you have a computer and a camera, you can video conference. I know the guys have computers, and aren’t completely illiterate, so we'll be able to "see" each other once in a while when they're on tour. I've got a camera for David to take with him, and I sent one to each of the girls too, complete with instructions on how to get them set up.

Nobody’s gonna tell Triple-G that she can’t see her man. Jesus, he is, isn’t he?

Mine, that is.

0 comments: