Pages

So, here it is. My David Story.

A little background...

I participated in an interactive fan fiction on a friend's site, and my character ended up with David. I spent so much time immersing myself in his music and stories about him (which are hard to find, by the way) that he took over my thoughts for quite some time. I couldn't get him out of my head. He's still in there, rattling doors and opening drawers and such, but he's behaving himself. Mostly.

This story came out as an outlet for me to try to get through my little obsession. I told some of the girls from the other fan fic exercise, and they thought it was hysterical that I got so wrapped up, that I couldn't think of anything but him.

They convinced me to "go public" with the story, so here it is.

I hope you enjoy it. It starts here.

~ Hath

Chapter 4: Lost Highway: The Movie?

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tuesday, November 6th

I got an e-mail late this morning from David. They have a couple of days off between shows, and Jon decided that he wanted everyone to relax and get away from the venue, so he pushed off the media crap, and told everyone to get gone. They have off from the 11th to the 13th. He said he’s leaving after the show on the 10th, and should hit my place around 3am or so. He’s really coming! I’ve had a goofy smile on my face all day, my co-workers think I’m a little nuts. They’re mostly guys, so they think that already, but now they’re whispering behind my back. Soon enough, they’ll elect one to be their spokesman to come and ask me WTF – that’s how they work. I’m still debating how much they need to know. Depends on if I want to have HR come and talk to me or not (tee hee). Probably not.

I rallied my friends (Kristin, Lisa, Linda, Megan, and my sister-in-law Sue – if you care) to go see the Lost Highway concert video that’s showing in the theaters tonight. I’ve been having serious withdrawal, and want to see, well, all of them, but especially David. I haven’t told my girls yet about what happened. They know I went to the concert of course, but I didn’t share any of the details with them. I’m gonna tell them tonight, though.

The concert on the big screen was amazing. Not better than live, mind you, but still fabulous. We all love the new album and sang along with all the songs. We weren’t the only ones. We were surprised there weren’t more people there, but we didn’t care. We appropriated the back section of the theater, so we wouldn’t bother anyone, and I don’t think we sat still at all. We were all dancing and laughing and singing along – we had a helluva time. The best part was you couldn’t hear us at all, unlike at a concert, when you can hear the bad singing going on around you. The surround sound was cranked, and we just let it all hang out.

We went out for drinks afterwards not too far from the theater, and I swear there was a group of guys there waiting for a group of girls who’d just come from seeing Jovi, even though it wasn’t live. Their mommas didn’t raise no fools. I’ve gotta give them credit for thinking that up.

Anyway, they took one look at us, all laughing and arms looped around each other, and the way we fell into chairs around a large table giggling like schoolgirls, and made a beeline for us. There were six of us and six of them. Nice symmetry. And looking at them objectively, they were cute. A nice mix of blondes and brunettes, all buff, reasonably tall – they looked like a grown-up version of a bunch of frat brothers. Their ringleader was named Michael, and he reminded me of a young Richard Gere.

“Well good evenin’, ladies,” he said. “My friends and I couldn’t help but notice you come in.”

I looked around at my girlfriends and laughed. “Hey well good evenin’ to you too,” I said. “What can we do for ya?” I looked him up and down, and his buddies smirked. Oh yeah, this was gonna be fun.

“We would like to buy you fine ladies a round of drinks,” he said, smiling a beautiful smile.

“Oh would you now,” I countered. “And why would that be?”

Michael gave a brief deer-in-the-headlights look and glanced at his friends. We laughed and let them off the hook. My friends all held up their left hands, showing their rings. The guys all gaped at us, and burst out laughing. They glanced at my hand and I shook my head. “Not married, but not available,” I said, sliding a glance at my girlfriends. They looked a bit shocked, and I winked at them and said, “Tell ya later.”

The guys joined us for a round of drinks, they were really nice, then we sent them on their way so we could dish.

“So, who is he, how’d you meet him, and why haven’t we heard about this yet?” My best friend Kristin was a little miffed at me.

I looked her in the eye, and said, “His name is David, I met him at the concert, and I was gonna tell you guys tonight.” I waited a minute for that all to process. Kristin looked at me, then at the other girls, and her eyes went wide.

“No way,” she said. I just blushed. “Yes way?” she squeaked, and launched herself across the table to hug me. “How the hell did you manage that?”

My other friends were looking at her like she was demented. “What are you talking about, Krissy?” Megan asked.

She just kept staring at me. “Hath’s ‘David’ is THAT ‘David’, she said.

It took a minute for the light bulbs to go on, but once they did, man was it bright in there.

I told them an abridged story of meeting a bunch of girls online, and said that one of them was friends with the band, and got me backstage. I told them about sparring with David, and what happened afterwards. I didn’t spare any details. These girls were my sisters, and I knew I could count on them to give me honest opinions. To a woman, they were happy for me, and not at all disappointed that I gave it up on the first date.

We talked a little more about him, and gradually turned away to other topics. Lisa invited us all to a wine tasting event on Sunday. Everyone was enthused but I demurred. “I may have other plans,” I said, blushing.

Kristin laughed, and said, “Hmmm, maybe I won’t go either.”

They’re totally transparent and I love them dearly but they are NOT coming over this weekend!

1 comments:

Sunstreaked said...

Michael was SO outta Hath's league that the girls were sweet to let them sit for a few. I like her friends, glad she has such close pals.