Pages

So, here it is. My David Story.

A little background...

I participated in an interactive fan fiction on a friend's site, and my character ended up with David. I spent so much time immersing myself in his music and stories about him (which are hard to find, by the way) that he took over my thoughts for quite some time. I couldn't get him out of my head. He's still in there, rattling doors and opening drawers and such, but he's behaving himself. Mostly.

This story came out as an outlet for me to try to get through my little obsession. I told some of the girls from the other fan fic exercise, and they thought it was hysterical that I got so wrapped up, that I couldn't think of anything but him.

They convinced me to "go public" with the story, so here it is.

I hope you enjoy it. It starts here.

~ Hath

Chapter 5: Notification

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thursday, November 8th, 2007

As I’d come to expect, David called me around one in the morning. I was smiling when I picked up the phone. “Hey baby,” I said sleepily. “Have a good show?”

“Hath, are you all the way awake?” Something in his voice had me sitting upright in bed.

“I am now,” I said. “What’s happened?”

“Lucy called. Sam’s been in a car accident.”

After the initial shock wore off, I had a zillion questions for David. He told me what Lucy knew; that she was hit by someone, that her Mercedes was a wreck, and that she was in the ICU at Baptist Hospital. My mind started whirring with a thousand different lists. There were meetings to reschedule, things to pack, flights to investigate. I was thinking so hard, that I didn’t hear David was still talking to me.

“Sorry, what did you say?”

“I said Jon and Rich are on the way there now. I’m not going to be far behind.”

“I’ll talk to the Harem this morning; one or more of us will be there, too.”

“You don’t have to do that,” David said.

“We most certainly do,” I retorted. “She’s our friend, and she needs us. This is what friends do. You of all people should appreciate that.”

David sighed. “OK, let me know what the arrangements are, and I’ll get mine to dovetail with yours.”

“Will do,” I said, letting out a shaky breath. I was close to tears, and he could hear it in my voice.

“Don’t cry, baby, she’ll be OK,” David said.

“She’d better be,” I said angrily. “If she fucks up my favorite band by not being OK, I will personally revive her so I can kill her.”

David laughed. “Glad to see you have your priorities straight.”

“Fuck you, Joker,” I said, laughing along with him. “Alright, I’ve got things to do. I’ll call you when I know what my plans are, and please call me the second you hear anything, OK?”

“You’ve got it, darlin’,” he said. “Is this you launching into Triple-G mode?”

“Darlin’, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.”

“I can hardly wait.”

1 comments:

Sunstreaked said...

Can't post...must read!