Pages

So, here it is. My David Story.

A little background...

I participated in an interactive fan fiction on a friend's site, and my character ended up with David. I spent so much time immersing myself in his music and stories about him (which are hard to find, by the way) that he took over my thoughts for quite some time. I couldn't get him out of my head. He's still in there, rattling doors and opening drawers and such, but he's behaving himself. Mostly.

This story came out as an outlet for me to try to get through my little obsession. I told some of the girls from the other fan fic exercise, and they thought it was hysterical that I got so wrapped up, that I couldn't think of anything but him.

They convinced me to "go public" with the story, so here it is.

I hope you enjoy it. It starts here.

~ Hath

Chapter 1: He Called!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Friday, November 2nd, 2007

When I saw that he had left me a message, I got all excited inside. My stomach actually did a happy little flip. I was not expecting that reaction. My little bitch tried to get me to analyze my reaction, and I shut her up right away. I didn’t really have to think about it; I already knew. I do have an idea of where I’d like this to go after all.

Smiling to myself, I listened to the message.

Hey Hath, just checking in. I wanted to make sure you got home alright… Listen, I meant what I said earlier. I want to see where this will go. I’d like to come out and see you after the Newark shows are over. We have a few days off before we have to head to Canada, and, well, I’d like to spend them with you, if that’s okay. (sigh) Alright. That’s it, I guess. Call me back later, yeah? Bye, baby.
I had to listen to it a couple more times before it sunk in: David really just called me. David Bryan; the big, blond piano guy from Bon Jovi. Holy shit. I thought for sure that no matter what he had said yesterday, he was just being nice: post-coital bliss and all that. Guess now I know I can take him at his word. Yeah, I’ve got trust issues. Let’s leave it that, shall we? There were two other messages on my voicemail – one each from Lucy and Stephanie – but I couldn’t return those yet. I scrolled through my numbers until I landed on his. With a shaking hand, I pressed ‘send’.

“Hey, you,” he said softly in greeting.

“Hey yourself,” I replied back. “I got your message. Sorry I missed you; I wasn’t home yet.”

“How the hell long is that train ride?” David sounded surprised.

I laughed. “No, it’s not that; the train got in hours ago.” I didn’t want to tell him the rest of it, but I left myself wide open there, and I wasn’t about to lie to him. Well, at least he couldn’t see me blushing. I sunk onto the couch, and said to him, “I went to my tat place to get that last one touched up.”

David laughed on the other end of the phone. “What did you do? I swear, I really did think that was cute; you didn’t need to change it.”

“I know,” I said, “I wanted to.” The silence stretched out for a long moment.

“Sooooo, what did you do to it?” I could practically see him rolling his eyes at me. “Jesus, Hath, don’t make me drag it out of you.”

“Like you could,” I retorted. “I seem to recall being quite capable of handling you.”

“You sure can, in more ways than one, but you’re changing the subject, darlin’,” he said. “Spill it, or I’m calling Lucy.”

I laughed. “Alright,” I said, and told him what I had added to it, and told him why. I didn’t want him to think I was getting all creepy on him. He didn’t say anything for a long moment, and I thought I had failed miserably at the creep-mitigation thing. “Say something,” I begged.

“Baby, I don’t know what to say. Nobody’s done that for me before. I’m really at a loss.” His voice was soft and thoughtful. “I’m pretty sure this beats anything Jon and Richie’s girls have ever done for them – the real ones, not the weirdo-groupies.” He burst out laughing and the sound was intoxicating. I was laughing along with him.

“So, you aren’t creeped out?”

“Hell no,” David said. “In fact, if you could swing it, I’d love you to e-mail me a picture. I can torture the two of them for days with this. It’ll trump their ‘mine is hotter’ argument for sure.”

I laughed and told him I’d see what I could do. We chatted a while longer, and David finally said he had to go. “Sorry, Hath,” he said between yawns. “There are still five shows to do, and you didn’t let me get any sleep last night.”

“I didn’t let you? I distinctly recall someone decidedly blonde instigating all sorts of things last night instead of sleeping,” I retorted. “It’s your own damned fault.”

“Yeah, well,” he started, and then just laughed. “You’re right. Seriously, though, Jon will kill me tomorrow if I fuck up, so I’ve gotta get some shut-eye.”

“OK, David, sleep well, baby,” I said in a husky voice.

“No, no, no, no, no. Do NOT start that shit with me when I have to go to sleep. I will never be able to fall asleep with the thoughts that voice puts into my head.” His voice was stern, but I could tell he was playing.

I left my voice low and raspy. “Ohhh, baby, I’m sure you can think of something to do to help yourself fall asleep,” I said.

“Yeah, I could,” he said, his own voice getting thick. “But I like it better when you do it.”

Jesus, I’m still way out of my league here. “OK, then,” I said, playing nice and speaking in my regular voice. “We’ll save it for next weekend. Have a good run of shows, and no backstage shenanigans.”

“No worries there, baby. You’re branded as mine now. I take my responsibilities seriously.” He yawned again, and this time I yawned right along with him. Five hour nap notwithstanding, I was exhausted.

“Good night, David.”

“G’Night, baby. I’ll call you tomorrow?”

“Call me anytime,” I said.

“Any time?”

“Absolutely.” He blew a kiss into the phone and was gone.

The next day, I was on the boards looking for guidance from my girlfriends. I know I could have called them, but I liked exchanging PMs in this case. That way they couldn’t hear the tremors in my voice. I don’t know why I was so insecure – well, actually, I did. This was David Bryan, for crying out loud. He’s a famous celebrity, with all sorts of options, and he chose me. It’s a bit intimidating.

In any event, the girls were very supportive and talked me down, saying that they thought we made a good couple, and the fact that he called and wants to come see me means he really did mean what he says it means. It helped hearing another perspective on it; especially since it’s what I wanted to hear.

I am SO pumped for next weekend!

2 comments:

Sunstreaked said...

I didn’t want him to think I was getting all creepy on him. He didn’t say anything for a long moment, and I thought I had failed miserably at the creep-mitigation thing. “Say something,” I begged.

********

One small example of why your writing is so engaging -> creep-mitigation thing <- amazing!!

I am liking these two more and more and thank you for making me forget the pain in my ankles by reading this story!!

TaraLeigh said...

Darlin' you do know how to start a story.

MERCY....only you could have that many prologues and still kick ass at the ch1.
;)

LOVE the tat and love the reaction. David does have that sweet factor set on level 10 baby. Even I can hear the innuendo and guttural groan at the teasing.

MERCY!